Public Organization and Human Resources (code 1204Z2)
The Profile of Major
1. The profile: the Institute of Public Administration of Renmin University of China is the first unit authorized to confer Master of public administration first-level discipline and doctoral degree in China. The Institute of Public Administration takes the lead in recruiting doctoral students and graduate students of public organization and human resources, as well as graduate students of MPA, has a wide range of academic engagement with teaching and research institutions, as well as practical departments at home and abroad, and has a wealth of experience in graduate education and the social reputation.
2. Main research direction: organization theory and organization management, human resources management of public sectors, the civil servant system and civil servant ability construction, public sector performance management and so on.
3. Research content: the change of organization theory, organization and public organization, the structure of public organization, design and management, organization and public organization construction, theory and method of human resources management, the process and content of the public sector human resources management, human resources development, the change and development of the civil service system, the content and construction of Chinese civil service system, leadership science and the art of leadership, the theory and method of performance management, the performance management of China's public sector, performance management tools and application.
4. Training objectives of the major: high-level talents, who can systematically master Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong thought, Deng Xiaoping theory and the important thought of "Three Represents", apply the Scientific Outlook on Development, carry out all-round development in moral, intellectual, physical and aesthetic aspects, have the public spirit of serving the people, have solid foundation of public management and other related theoretical basis, master knowledge, methods and technology of public organization and modern human resources management, as well as the capability of independently undertaking public organization and human resource management of academic research, policy initiative design and teaching and practical work.
5. The teaching staff in the specialty: our research institute has excellent teaching staff formed through a long period of time, having broad influence on the field of national public organization and human resources. We have seven full-time teachers, and among them, there are 4 professors and doctoral supervisors, 2 associate professors and 1 lecturer, all of whom hold the post of Master Tutors. The age, major and structure of research orientation of the teaching staff is reasonable, and they complement each other's advantages. They all have part-time job experiences and consulting experiences in government and public organizations, and have close working relationships with public organizations and human resource management department.
Our research institution has a part-time faculty team, a total of five people, including 1 adjunct professor, 3 adjunct professors employed from personnel departments and research institutes, 1 part-time researcher, all of whom are heads and experts having practical work experience of this subject and substantial research results.
6. International academic exchange: the international academic exchange activities of this major are very active. We have formal communication and contacts with a large amount of universities, research institutions and human resources professional institutions of the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Korea, Japan and other countries as well as Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan. We will hold many academic activities each semester, through which students of this major have sufficient opportunities to conduct academic exchanges with domestic and foreign experts, scholars and students in this field, and doctors as well as postgraduate students can apply to study and research abroad as exchange students. We will undertake united training, so that postgraduate students can directly go abroad to study for a doctor's degree after graduation.
7. Main courses of the major: public administration, organizational behavior, study courses of main documents of public organizations and human resources, advanced research on forefront issues of public organizations and human resources management, research on management thought, organization theory and organization design, economic model, scientific and logical methodology and public management research methods.
8. Choices after graduation: doctoral graduates of the major basically have below four choices: I. Perform teaching and scientific research work in colleges, universities or research institutions. II. Perform organization and human resources management work in government agencies or institutions. III. Perform organization and human resource management work in state-owned large and medium-sized enterprises, foreign-funded enterprises and other organizations. IV. Perform professional organization and human resource management consulting work in international and domestic consulting companies.
Wu Chunbo, Fang Zhenbang, Liu Xi and Li Chaoping