Land Resource Management (code 120404)
This major offers doctor and graduate degree programs. It is the Municipal Key Discipline of Beijing.
1. The Profile of Major
In 1985, Renmin University of China set up the first undergraduate program of land management, and established the Department of Land Management department in 1988. Land Resource Management is one of the earliest approved the Chinese Ministry of Education to offer doctor and graduate degree programs. After nearly 30 years' unremitting efforts, it has achieved all-round development room the aspects of the construction of academic teams, scientific research, personnel training, curriculum construction and so forth. Land resource management has become a subject with distinctive features and advantages, having obvious academic advantages. It's research results have exerted pivotal impact on the national economy and the development of social public utilities in our country has. A complete personnel training system of undergraduates, Master degree candidate, MPA(the direction of the major) and Doctoral education has been formed. This major has achieved fruitful results in the aspect of teaching and scientific research, in addition, several academic monograph have been published. The National Planned Textbook published by the institute, such as "Land Economics", "Cadastral Management", "Real Estate Valuation" and series of teaching materials concerning land resource management in the "21st century" have wide influence in the whole country. We have successively undertook national social science foundation program, state social science fund project, major program of the national natural science foundation of China, national natural science foundation of China, major project of science and technology support of the ministry of science and technology, important technology developing program of the ministry of science and technology, humanities and social sciences research project of the ministry of education, "Eleventh Five-Year Plan" project of Beijing municipality social philosophy, UNDP project, as well as a number of provincial level or above research projects. We have won provincial level or above science and technology progress awards or outstanding achievement awards.
2. Main Direction of Studying
Direction 1: Land system and policy
Direction 2: The planning and management of land use
Direction 3: Land evaluation and land management
Direction 4: Real estate appraisal and property markets
Direction 5: Cadastre management and land information (including 3S technology and its application)
Direction 6: land economics and finance
3. The research Content
(1) Land system and policy: the main research includes the formulation, implementation and evaluation of policies, laws and regulations in the aspect of land administration system, property register system of land property rights, land use planning system, land assets management system, land tax system, land property rights, land use, land conservation, land management, land acquisition, land market, land prices, land finance, land tax, etc. formulation,.
(2) Land use planning and management: the research mainly includes the compilation, implementation and management of theory, method and technology of such specialized planning as the development of sustainable utilization of land resources, land resources survey, evaluation of technology, land spatial programme, strategic planning of land use, urban land use planning and comprehensive improvement of land, basic farmland protection, land ecological protection, etc.
(3) Land evaluation and land management: the research mainly includes the process and impact of operating activities of land use, as well as land evaluation principle and technical method. Specific contents include: sustainable land use, land intensive and economical use, land use regionalization, land use change, optimal allocation of land resources, land evaluation methods, the update and revision of town land classification and gradation, agricultural land classification and gradation, GIS application in land evaluation, the land reclamation project planning, project design and budget, land use planning management and implementation management.
(4) Real estate appraisal and property market: further study on the basic theory and method of real estate appraisal, land purchasing and reserving, land remising and transferring, operating mechanism and operating method of bidding and auction, the operation law of the property market and the varying pattern of mutual influence between property market and various branches of the national economy.
(5) Cadastre management and land information system (including 3S technology and its application) : the research mainly includes the basic theory and method of the management of real estate property, as well as the application of 3S in the real estate management. Specific content includes: land classification, cadastral survey and land investigation, the real estate registration system, real estate information statistics and analysis, the basic principle and cutting-edge technology of real estate information system.
Land economics and finance: the research includes land issues mainly from the perspective of economics, economic relations and motion law of land use, land bank, land bond, land shareholding system, land trading platform, land development rights trading (land indicators) and land credit.
4. Educational objectives of the Major
To cultivate high-level and high-quality professionals who can fully grasp the basic theory of scientific socialism, who have strong patriotic enthusiasm, noble moral quality, strong sense of social responsibility, the selfless dedication, regretless career pursuit, and who are willing to serve for socialist modernization construction of. Specific goal is: to master solid, professional and deep basic theory and methods of land resources management, be familiar with the academic advances in the fields of study whose research centers on land resources, to have strong innovation ability of scientific research and organizing ability of scientific research, to bear tasks of high scientific research and teaching, to have high administrative quality of land management and land policy evaluation, to have actual ability of working in multinational enterprises, large state-owned enterprises, listed companies, especially large real estate development companies, consulting firms, large and medium-sized financial enterprises, to have a good command of a foreign language to the degree of writing professional thesis and carrying out international academic exchanges.
5. Faculty of the Major
The teachers in the specialty are very qualified persons and academic team is reasonable, holding leading position in the field of land resource management in domestic. The land management department has 6 professors (including 2 adjunct professors), 3 associate professors and 2 lecturers, among whom there are 6 doctoral supervisors. Most teachers at their posts have doctor's degree, including 3 postdoctors.
6. International Academic Exchange
In the aspect of scientific research and teaching, Land management attaches great importance to international academic exchange activities. Currently, it has established the relationship of academic exchanges with Lincoln Institute of Land Policy of the United States, the Rural Economy Research Institute of the United States, the American Association of Rrban Economy and Real Estate, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, Cambridge International School of Land Management, New York University, Rutgers University, National University of Singapore, Tel Aviv University in Israel, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong, Taiwan National Chengchi University, University of Hannover, Technical University Munich, as well as the famous universities, academic organizations and research institutions in Canada, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, the Netherlands and other countries and regions.
A large number of professional teachers, doctoral students, postgraduates of Land management, conduct academic exchange activities each year in the form of cooperative research, studying visits and giving lectures abroad, project research, exchange of postgraduates and doctoral students, participating in international conferences and meetings of the four regions across the straights, organizing associations of postgraduates and doctoral students to visit abroad in summer, etc.
7. Main Professional Curriculum
The main professional curriculums are: Advanced Land &Real Estate Management at home and abroad, land policy analysis and evaluation, property rights theory and the real estate registration, senior land economics, senior real estate appraisal, the theory and method of urban and rural land planning, land use landscape and evaluation, urban renewal and land reclamation, ArcGIS spatial analysis method and application, real estate financial innovation and securitization, land management project discussion.
The main courses for doctors are: study on main documents of land resource management, land management theory and method, research on regional development and urban and rural planning and research on hot topics and frontier problems in circle of macroeconomics.
8. International certification of courses
In 2004, Masters course of Land Resource Management acquired professional certification from the world's largest comprehensive professional group in the field of real estate, construction, measurement and the environment - the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), becoming the first unit carrying out independent application and getting qualified in domestic. The students taking Master's degree of this major can obtain the membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
9. Choices after Graduation
With the development of social economy, the demand of professional talents of this major by many organizations is increasing year by year, such as national, provincial and municipal governments, macro-regulatory departments, land management departments, urban and rural planning and construction management departments, policy research institutes, real estate development and operating enterprises, financial institutions, real estate consulting agencies, institutions of higher learning, scientific research institutions, foreign famous universities and research institutes.
Ye Jianping, Yan Jinming, Gan Zangchun, Zhang Zhanlu, Hu Cunzhi