2009 - 2014 The University of Texas at Austin, PhD in Public Policy
2007 - 2009 Tsinghua University, Master in Public Policy
2003 - 2007 Renmin University of China, Bachelor in Public Administration
03/2016 - Present Renmin University of China, School of Public Administration and Policy, Assistant Professor
02/2015 - 02/2016 National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Post-doctoral Researcher
Part time job
|Ad hoc reviewer for Energy Economics, Environmental and Resource Economics, The Energy Journal, Energy Policy|
Bid Data in Policy Analysis, Master course
Public Policy Analysis, MPA course
Research Method in Management Science, Master course
Economic Analysis of Public Policy, IMPA course
Energy Security and Emergency Management, MPA course
|Energy and environmental policy, policy evaluation, quantitative methods|
8. Qi Y., C. Dong (2018). “Incorrect policy interpretation affects conclusion on SO2 emissions by coal-fired power plants in China.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115(49): E11429.
7. Dong, C., R. Wiser, V. Rai (2018). "Incentive pass-through for residential solar systems in California." Energy Economics, 72: 154-165.
6. Dong, C., Y. Qi, W. Dong, X. Lu, T. Liu, S. Qian (2018). "Decomposing driving factors for wind curtailment under economic new normal in China." Applied Energy, 217: 178-188.
5. Dong, C., B. Sigrin, G. Brinkman (2017). "Forecasting residential solar photovoltaic deployment in California." Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 117: 251–265.
4. Gillingham, K., H. Deng, R. Wiser, N. Darghouth, G. Nemet, G. Barbose, V. Rai, C. Dong (2015). “Deconstructing Solar Photovoltaic Pricing: The Role of Market Structure, Technology, and Policy.” The Energy Journal, 37(3): 231-250.
3. Burkhardt, J., R. Wiser, N. Darghouth, C. Dong, J. Huneycutt (2015) “Exploring the impact of permitting and local regulatory processes on residential solar prices in the United States.” Energy Policy, 78: 102-112.
2. Dong, C., R. Wiser (2013) “The Impact of City-level Permitting Processes on Residential Photovoltaic Installation Prices and Development Times: An Empirical Analysis of Solar Systems in California Cities.” Energy Policy, 63: 531-542.
1. Dong, C. (2012) “Feed-in Tariff vs. Renewable Portfolio Standard: An Empirical Test of Their Relative Effectiveness in Promoting Wind Capacity Development.” Energy Policy, 42: 476-485.
1. Mills, A., G. Barbose, J. Seel, C. Dong, T. Mai, B. Sigrin (2016) “Planning for a Distributed Disruption: Innovative Practices for Incorporating Distributed Solar into Utility Planning.” Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA.
2. Dong, C., R. Wiser, V. Rai (2014) “Incentive Pass-through for Residential Solar Systems in California.” Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA.